PP Split Polypropylene Rope Cord
PP Split Rope Twisted
In this category you may order twisted ropes, cords and lines made of PP polypropylene [splitfilm foil tapes] in colours and length.
Twisted PP Split ropes are very robust, weather and UV-light resistant, light weight, floatable and do not absorb water. They have a rough, foil-like surface, but are still knotablle and spliceable.
The properties and characteristics of the PP split ropes offer at a comparatively low price a very wide range of technical applications.
- Water absorption: 0%, no swelling and no shrinking, strength loss due to humidity: 0%
- UV-light resistance: good
- Abrasions resistance: acceptable
- Knot strength: 55-65%
- Breaking stretch: 12-20%
- Acids, petrol, diesel and lubricant: no influence
- Solvents: low influence
- Alkalis: resistant to weak alkalis
- Washing temperature: 30°C
- Range exposure: approx. 140°C
- Melting point: approx. 170°C
Areas of application
As a disposable cable for cable pulling, pull-through aid, technical applications in industry, construction and transport, as a general-purpose rope in the house and garden, for hanging, lifting, lowering and pulling loads, as construction site safety rope, in professional and sport sailing, yachts, mooring line, all-round cordage, for horticulture, landscaping, in tree care, for free time and outdoor activities, as inexpensive barrier rope, theatre, scenes and stage construction, control ropes, fastening rope, working rope, sport rope, swing rope etc...